How great is this Father’s Day picture puzzle I saw in our latest Clubhouse Jr magazine?! I’m so excited about it–almost as excited as the kids! It’s super easy and makes a fun presentation for Father’s Day. Ready to get to it?
First grab your materials:
popsicle sticks (I got the fat ones)
cute photo of your husband and kids
Now, the super easy instructions:
1. Lay out 8-9 popsicle sticks side by side and even across the top. (This actually took Lydia several tries.)
2. Put 2 large pieces of tape across the top and bottom. Then flip it over.
3. On the non-taped side, glue a photo onto the popsicle sticks. Make sure you put glue on the edges! Place under some heavy book (or a coffeepot, like we did!) until it dries. Once it’s dried, pull the scotch tape off the back.
4. Use an exacto knife to cut the popsicle sticks apart. I tried doing it on the back so I could follow the lines of the popsicle sticks but it was hard to get the knife through it. So, I grabbed an extra popsicle stick and used it as a line on the front. That was much easier!
5. Voila! Aren’t they cute? We stacked ours up and tied them with ribbons. I can’t wait to give them to my husband on Father’s Day. I don’t know what he’ll do with them after–maybe we’ll just keep them as a fun personalized puzzle!
***Impress Your Kids has some new digs at ohAmanda.com! Come visit us there for all the Impress Your Kids archives and all our new posts–including our Easter newsblast with fabulous tips for celebrating a meaningful Easter with your kids!***